I stole this from my friends blog ghettohousewife. It’s very true.
you might live in the ghetto if…
- safety training for your children includes how to respond to a police shoot-out
- half the cars in the neighborhood can safely pass over your preschooler’s head
- you look both ways as you drive through ALL instersections, even if you have the right of way
- the neighbors casually discuss the latest shooting/robbery/auto theft without getting hysterical
- you see a car parked in the middle of the street, you assume it’s a drug deal
- your hispanic children think that Caucasians are a minority in America
- your suburban friends of various ethnicities want to get out of the neighborhood before twilight
- you walk down the middle of the street, even though the sidewalk is perfectly usable
- at least two cheap, amazingly good Chinese restaurants are within walking distance
- the only people more crooked than the drug dealers are the people in City Hall
- you refer to the sidewalk as the ‘front yard’
- when you mention the word ‘police’, your neighbors scatter
- when you take a walk in the early morning, people assume you’re a hooker
- Your toddler knows the Club is used to deter auto theft.